We have classes that teach us many skills in school, but one of the most neglected, study skills, can have the most impact on our success. Students are often told as they are leaving class, “Don’t forget to study for your test!” Yet, they have not been taught how to study.
Resources for Study Skills
Resources for studying are bountiful on the internet, but how do you know where to start? Take a few minutes to assess your study skills using either of the two listed below:
- Study Skills Checklist
- Study Skills Questionnaire
Both can help you identify areas you can improve upon.
Once you identify study skills you would like to learn more about, review the resources provided on each site.
- If you used the Study Skills Checklist, checkout the resources embedded within each question’s link.
- If you used the Study Skills Questionnaire, checkout the associated videos “Study Skills – 12 Things You Need to Know.”
If our schools are not teaching these necessary skills, who is? Additional resources are listed on our website.
Take a look and if you feel as if you or your child are spending a lot of time studying, but your grades aren’t improving contact us today to set up an appointment.
Did you find this post helpful? Sign up for our monthly newsletter so that you don’t miss a post!
- Free SAT Resources for Your Teen - February 4, 2016
- Use Homework as a Study Tool – Strategies for Learning Math - October 29, 2015
- Real Life Math – Making Guacamole - May 2, 2015