The position of Independent Contractor (Tutor) is specified below:
- Nature of Position: You will be classified as an independent contractor, in that you will be hired on an as-needed basis and will not be treated as an employee.
- Duration of Contract: As an independent contractor, your contract will expire one year from your effective date. We may, however, terminate this contract at any time for any reason. Furthermore, assignments are not guaranteed.
- Your Assignment: You will tutor math. The grade level and course to be determined by Math Ninja, LLC.
- Commission Structure: You will earn between 75 – 80% of the total cost of your hours. Read more about our Tutor Payment Policies. The current fee structure is:
- In-Home and Online Tutoring (Monday – Friday): $40 an hour
- In-Home and Online Tutoring (Saturday – Sunday): $50 an hour
- Compensation Schedule: We will compensate you on a bimonthly schedule, but we cannot guarantee that we will do so every pay period. Your compensation depends the Tutor Payment Policies. Under no circumstances should the tutor receive payments directly from the student.
- Transportation Expenses: You are responsible for all transportation expenses (including, but are not limited, to gas and parking).
- Fringe benefits: We will not provide fringe benefits, including health insurance benefits, paid vacation, or any other employee benefit.
- Materials: You are expected to provide your own materials (including, but are not limited, to paper, pencils, and manipulatives). You are responsible for all material expenses.
- Confidentiality: You will not at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, use for the personal benefit of yourself, or divulge, disclose, or communicate in any manner any information that is proprietary to us. You will protect such information and treat it as strictly confidential. This provision shall continue to be effective after the termination of this Agreement.
- Client’s Rights: The client has the following rights:
(a) to have a timely tutor;
(b) to have a tutor who practices ethical, confidential, and consistent behavior;
(c) to have a tutor who is knowledgeable;
(d) to have a tutor who will give 24-hours’ notice of a canceled or rescheduled session unless it is an emergency;
(e) to dispute a transaction;
(f) to file a complaint; and
(g) to change tutors for any reason.
- Tutor Rights: You have the right to refuse or stop an assignment for any reason.
- The Owner’s Rights: Angela Culley, the owner of Math Ninja, LLC, has the following rights:
(a) to make the final decisions;
(b) to make or remove all assignments of tutors and clients; and
(c) to amend this Agreement when necessary (on written notice to the tutor).
Severability: If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of this agreement (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this agreement shall not be affected. If any invalid, unenforceable, or illegal provision of this agreement would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the parties shall negotiate in good faith to amend such provision such that, as amended, it is legal, valid and enforceable, and, to the greatest extent possible, achieves the parties’ original commercial intention.
Your failure to meet any of the above may result in the withholding of assignments or cancellation of assignments (if you started an assignment).
This agreement is the entire agreement between the parties. Any promises, understandings, or statements outside this contract are without effect and unenforceable.
Any amendment or modification to this contract must be in writing and signed by Math Ninja, LLC.